Senior Research Engineer
Deepomatic has met its product/market fit and enters a scale-up phase, where we need to continuously hire new talents to address the various challenges of a product that grows both in terms of usage and surface. You will join our product team (20 people, including 16 software engineers) working on building the best possible product.
The research engineer is in charge of improving the performance of our computer vision algorithms as well as our training back-end. Here are a few examples of the challenges you might be confronted to:
- How do you leverage our patented hierarchical dataset technology to enable dataset fusion and ease the day-to-day life of a data scientist using our platform? (data-prep)
- How do you improve the performance of our algorithms (new data-augmentation technics, new models, new losses, hyper-parameter automatic tuning, etc...)? (data-science & deep learning)
- How do you quantize neural networks so that they are efficient on both mobile or embedded devices? (back-end engineering)
- How do you rework our training back-end to optimize our GPU cost at scale? (DevOps)
There is a lot of different disciplines in this role and you might feel like you do not tick all the boxes (especially the last one): do not hesitate to apply if you only feel like you tick 2 or 3 bullet points and would be interested in leveling-up in the other one(s). Besides developing Deepomatic's AI technology, your role will also typically consist of taking part and animating internal reading groups as well as contributing to external tech/deep-learning evangelism.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Learn everything there is to know about the business and the technology behind it. You will learn how our products work, how to deploy them, how to debug them.
- Dig into the code of training back-end
- Learn to use our internal tools to collaborate effectively with all Deepomatic teams
- Start and complete your Onboarding Project, which all new employees do within their first month, and ship your first features.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Be familiar with the training back-end and its various components
- Design and complete your first "Feature Squad" with success
- Help our "Solution Architects" to transition to your newly deployed feature
Within 6 months, you will:
- Monitor and improve performance of algorithms: work on speed and accuracy improvements, solve production issues and scaling needs.
- Contribute to the two systems (Data management & Deployment) which interact with our training back-end.
- Help design specifications of the next features of the platform.
- Help with hiring new talents
Within 1 year, you will:
- Be the go-to person regarding technical issues and contribute to the design of its architecture.
- Mentor new team members.
- Help structure the team by improving existing processes and tools, and setting objectives for the team.
- Salary: between 60K€ and 75K€ plus a yearly bonus of 4K€
- At least 2 days of remote work per week
- BSPCE (Stock options)
- Screening call
- Technical test at home
- Half-day on-site interviews with technical tests, a culture-fit interview, and a product demo
- 3+ years of experience in back-end development.
- 2+ years of experience in machine learning and/or deep learning.
- Experience in Python and Tensorflow
- Excellent problem-solving attitude.
- Experience with Tensorflow is a plus.
- Great human qualities and a love for teamwork.
- Great oral and written communication in English.